Camera GP (Grand Prix) 2017 Editors Award selects the Nikon DX-format flagship camera as the panel’s preferred DSLR for its outstanding form and function
MIDDLE EAST & AFRICA – The Nikon D500 has recently picked up its third award from the imaging community and industry with the Camera GP (Grand Prix) 2017 Editors Award, as announced by Nikon Middle East FZE. today.
The Camera GP is an award that focuses primarily on cameras and lenses. It is sponsored by the Camera Journal Press Club (C.J.P.C. / Japan), which was established in September 1963 and is made up of editors from 12 camera and photography magazines (as of April 2016). The winner of the Editors Award, of which the D500 is this year's recipient, is selected from all cameras and imaging devices, with the exception of those selected as Camera and Lens of the Year, for its popularity, the buzz it has created, and the innovation it shows, with judging by C.J.P.C. members.
The D500 is the long-awaited new high-end model in Nikon's line of APS-C format SLR cameras. It offers an excellent balance between performance and price, inheriting basic features such as its AF sensor from the D5, Nikon’s 35mm  format "full-size" flagship model, yet available at a price the average consumer can afford. The D500 can be considered a camera that makes the APS-C format more appealing with its tough and durable body, high-definition viewfinder, and more than sufficient continuous shooting performance, all worthy of a high-end model. It is equipped with a superior AF system comprised of focus points that cover a broad range of the frame, and capable of sharp and clear capture of moving subjects. In these days, though the development of mirrorless cameras is remarkable the D500 reminds us of the appeal of SLR cameras.
• A next-generation 153-point AF system that demonstrates superior subject acquisition capabilities in any situation
• High-speed continuous shooting of up to 200 shots per burst at up to approx. 10 fps (14-bit RAW images with lossless compression)
• The compact system that the DX format can deliver for nimble shooting
• Responds to the needs of professionals with support for 4K UHD (3840 × 2160) movie recording
• The new EXPEED 5 image-processing engine, which realizes a broad range of standard sensitivities up to ISO 51200, with additional expansion as high as Hi 5 (ISO 1640000 equivalent)
• Equipped with a 3.2-inch high-resolution tilting touch-screen monitor that helps to make shooting even more comfortable
• Supports SnapBridge, an app that enables seamless connection of the camera to a smart device
The D500 has now won a total of three highly esteemed awards. It was also the recipient of the TIPA Awards 2016's Best APS-C DSLR Expert award and the EISA Awards' European Prosumer DSLR Camera 2016-2017 award.
Since the company was established in 1917, Nikon has cultivated its status as a pioneer of optical technologies in Japan and overseas. Guided by our corporate philosophy of “Trustworthiness and Creativity,” we provide a wide range of technologies, products and services globally by harnessing our advanced technologies, the core of which encompasses opto-electronics and precision technologies. We are proud to celebrate our 100th anniversary in 2017.
Nikon. At the Heart of the Image. Nikon is the world leader in digital imaging, precision optics and photo imaging technology and is globally recognised for setting new standards in product design and performance for its award-winning consumer and professional photographic equipment. Nikon Middle East FZE distributes consumer and professional digital SLR cameras, NIKKOR optics, Speedlights and system accessories; Nikon COOLPIX compact digital cameras; Nikon sports optics as well as the Nikon 1 advanced cameras with interchangeable lens system in over 50 countries. For more information, visit http://nikon-asia.com. Connect with Nikon and other photographers on Facebook at www.facebook.com/NikonMEA and get the latest news and information from Twitter by following @NikonMEA.