Why become a NPS Member?
NPS membership is open to professional users of Nikon equipment. It backs them up with a class-leading worldwide network of priority service, and aims to help reduce their total cost of ownership while creating a community of photographers who are actively involved in advancing the art.
What do you mean by "professional user?"
For the purposes of NPS membership, professional users fall into 3 categories ("Cats"):
Cat 1: OWN PHOTOGRAPHY BUSINESS
Full-time professional photographers who own, or are registered partners in, a registered company whose sole business is photography or videography.
Cat 2: EMPLOYEE IN A RELATED BUSINESS
Full-time professional photographers who are employees in any of these types of businesses:
1. Photography or videography agencies.
2. Advertising agencies.
3. Public relations agencies.
4. News/broadcast agencies, and media organizations, whether secular or charitable.
5. Magazine and book publishers.
6. Event management agencies.
7. Bridal and fashion services: wedding planning and service agencies such as bridal make-up services.
8. Model and talent supply agencies.
Cat 3: ACCREDITED, ACTIVE FREELANCER
Freelance photographers who are UAE citizens or UAE Permanent Residents and have shot a minimum of 5 major events per year for the past 2 years, with accreditation as an official photographer from the event organizer.
These events must be:
1. Major local or international sports events.
2. Large-scale concerts.
3. Major events on national, regional or international scale, which are supported or recognized by state or national bodies.
Approval for Category 3 membership is at the sole discretion of Nikon & Grand Stores.
Accreditation passes showing proof of participation as an Official or Press Photographer will be required, and in addition to these, a Letter of Recommendation from one or more of the accreditation agencies may be requested.
There are no differences in benefits between the 3 categories of NPS membership. Neither are there any costs involved in joining NPS - only important benefits designed to help professionals like you!
In addition to the requirements stated above, an NPS member needs to own and maintain:
1. A minimum of 2 professional-grade bodies, such as: D5, D4S ,D4, D850, D810, D750, D610 D500, Df
2. A minimum of any 3 NIKKOR professional-grade lenses, except any lens packaged as a kit lens by Nikon now or in the past (e.g. 18-55mm DX, 18-105mm DX, 18-135mm DX, 18-70mm, 28-80mm, etc.)
How to apply?
1. Prepare a JPEG passport photo of yourself
2. Prepare a list of all your cameras and lens serial numbers
3. Fill in the online Application Form.
4. Email any supporting document to us (details as listed below)
• For CAT 1 applicants only:
a) A photocopy of your business registration document.
b) A photocopy of your passport
c) Business card
d) Recent portfolio website URL
e) Photocopies of all the warranty cards of your registered camera & lenses. If you do not have the warranty cards, please send us photos of the equipment with their serial number clearly shown
• For CAT 2 applicants only:
a) A photocopy of your letter of employment.
b) A Letter of Recommendation for NPS Membership. This letter must be written and signed by your Head of Department, and be stamped with the Company’s original stamp.
c) A photocopy of your passport
d) Business card
d) Photocopies of all the warranty cards of your registered camera & lenses. If you do not have the warranty cards, please send us photos of the equipment with their serial number clearly shown
• For CAT 3 applicants only:
a) Color photocopies of all your accreditation/media passes from this year and the 2 preceding years. These passes must clearly indicate that you have been accredited by the event organizer to shoot as an official or press photographer. No other proof (e.g. Participant, Observer, Sports Trainer, Stage Hand pass) will be accepted.
b) A photocopy of your passport
c) Recent portfolio website URL
d) Photocopies of all the warranty cards of your registered camera & lenses. If you do not have the warranty cards, please send us photos of the equipment with their serial number clearly shown.
Please email the documents to: email@example.com
We seek your understanding that due to the very high volume of applications we receive, applicants that do not meet the requirements or do not submit ALL of the required documents may not have their applications processed. Nikon may not notify you in such a situation. Each application will be processed on an individual basis.
Grand Stores may take any necessary actions to verify all information provided in this list.
Applicants are approved at the sole discretion of Nikon and we reserve the right to reject any application without providing any reason whatsoever.
After your details have been verified and we have approved your NPS membership application, your NPS card will be mailed to you by post. Please allow a minimum of 2 weeks for processing.
Click HERE to fill in the online Application Form.